Sunday, January 20, 2013

Life With Alexa...

is AMAZING! The first few days were pretty crazy but I think most new parents feel some anxiety to start with when you bring home a tiny human being you are now responsible for. Alexa is a very content baby. Like most newborns she sleeps a lot and still does not have the day-night reversal thing down yet. While I am definitely not a night owl by nature I have become one fairly quickly. She is eating very well and Aaron and I are getting used to one another being slightly sleep deprived. The cats are still pretty confused with us getting up in the middle of the night but are getting better with each day. We have had lots of family visit and already had our first post-placement visit with the adoption agency. As has been the routine we continue to fill out LOTS of paperwork but I think most of it is behind us for awhile. We have had a few brief conversations with Alexa's birthmom since coming home from the hospital and look forward to more to come. I am working on a book we can read to Alexa daily about her birthparents and adoption story and will share once it is complete.

Friday morning we made our first trip as a family to get some pictures taken. I will leave you with a few shots as little Lexi is starting to wake up and needs fed:






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I am so glad that things are going well and you guys are adjusting. I've been following your story for a while and am so happy for you guys. The pictures are amazing, she is so cute.

    ReplyDelete