Thursday, June 7, 2012

Patience is a virtue, right?

So tomorrow is our homestudy! Our house is clean and safe, our paperwork complete, and the safety audit list double and triple checked. All we have left to do is make sure everything is picked up around the house tomorrow after work and wait to meet our social worker. This whole adoption thing has been quite the family affair. Even Orzo and Bella have been wanting to get in on the action. Clearly they thought they were being helpful when I was trying to organize our paperwork:

I am getting anxious but not the type of anxiety I used to get when going to our fertility doctor, rather an excited nervousness. Does that even make sense? This process is starting to feel very surreal to me. It is very invasive as well and I didn't start to feel this way until yesterday. A stranger, whom we are going to eventually get to know very well, is going to come into our home and inspect every nook and cranny. She is going to ask very personal, intimate questions that not even some of our closest friends and family would dare to ask and we are going to be expected to answer whether we like it or not. If someone had asked me a year ago where I thought I would be the following year and what I would be doing, the adoption process would not have even been on my register. However, it has already been a joyous experience (scary and exhausting too) and well worth all the ups and downs. I only hope the best is yet to come!

"Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting- that is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow- that is patience."
                                                                       ~Unknown


While I'm Waiting-John Waller
(very moving words to this song that have gotten Aaron and I through some tough times)

1 comment: