Sunday, May 5, 2013

Our Miracle

Well happy May everyone! The weather has been really beautiful here. We have been able to enjoy it some but it is hard when we don't get home until after 5, need to get dinner ready and before we know it, it is time to start getting Alexa ready for bed. Hoping to get out for a walk today sometime together! I also haven't had much time to do my daily reflections and I sure am missing them. I have tried getting up a little earlier, staying up a little later, put off housework etc. but it just seems that no matter what something gets in the way. My little love bug is napping already this morning as she was up very early today. We had to switch formula again for various reasons I won't go into. I think it is making her gassy as she was up and down all night which is very unusual for her.

(By the way any other moms out their have a 4 month old who will only nap in their swing? We have tried multiple times to get her to nap in her crib during the day but we only get 30 minutes out of her no matter what and then she is crabby the rest of the day. She sleeps perfect in her crib at night! Any ideas are welcomed. At the moment I am taking what I can get otherwise it just makes our weekends miserable. I know she won't nap in her swing forever and that eventually she is going to want more room to spread out just like she did for night sleep. However, it is hard to get anything done around the house with a baby sleeping in a swing. She does sleep through most noise but I think you get the point that we would like for her to be in her room.)

Anyways, I am thanking God this morning for this moment of reflection as it has felt like we have gone too long without a good conversation. Since Alexa was up so early and is already napping Aaron said he would go to the grocery store early so we could spend more time together today. So I am sitting in peace and quiet at the moment, taking this God-filled moment in. This week I was very happy to know that my blog continues to intrigue others and is being used to help and educate other couples struggling with infertility. Although that was not the main purpose when I started this blog it has become a place that many are telling me they feel like they can go and not feel alone. My mom texted me on Monday I think it was for the web address again. She was at work and got to talking with one of her patients about her family. Come to find out one of her children and their spouse was having trouble conceiving. My mom shared our story and the woman asked for this web address to share it with her daughter. This made me smile and I hope this particular woman is reading my blog as we speak.  While adoption may not be for everyone I hope it helps her find hope and comfort. We are part of an ever-growing issue that is still very much taboo and misunderstood at times and need to stick together. If I had to tell her one thing it is that no matter how her future children come to her or what her future brings, God does not make mistakes and every step along what may seem a torturous journey is worth the miracle at the end.





3 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to post a comment since the moment I read this, but something has been stopping me. Probably fear. Fear of what is, of what is not, and what may never be. I am the woman you referred to in this post. My mom (the patient) had given me your blog address after talking to your mom. It took me several days to work up the courage to check it out. When I did it was the same morning you posted this. I knew that God was talking to me through you. It was what I needed. So, thank you. We are now currently using the Creighton Model of NFP with NaPro Technology. We are hoping that this works, but we are also looking into adoption. Thank you for your blog. It helps me feel that I am not alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rene,

      Your comment gave me chills and get tears in my eyes. I am so happy to hear that you did indeed find my blog and that it is helping you. If you wouldn't mind sharing with me I am curious who you see for NaPro? This is something I have thought about doing as well but never really knew where to start!

      Delete
  2. I see Dr. Courtney Slonkosky at Wilson Care OB/Gyn in Sidney for NaPro. She connected us with Little Flower Fertility Care Services out of Piqua to learn the Creighton Model. My husband and I both have diagnosed infertility and have just started using NaPro/Creighton in May and have been very happy with it so far. We are beginning to pinpoint additional issues with my cycle and will be working with Dr. Slonkosky soon to attempt fixes to the issues. Dr. Slonkosky is great and would be more than willing to sit and talk to help you figure out if it is something you would be interested in.

    ReplyDelete