Saturday, September 29, 2012

Finally Fall!

What a beautiful weekend it is turning out to be. The weather was absolutely gorgeous today. I love fall! Aaron and I spent the day at Sauder Village again. He was technically working and I was volunteering, but the work feels much more like fun than actual work. This weekend was Apple Butter Making Days. It is usually very busy and they needed extra hands to help peel and core apples for the apple butter demonstrations. We also helped supervise the straw maze. It is amazing how much joy a simple activity like a straw maze can bring to kids. So many of them would hesitate to go into the maze themselves. They would often stare at me like I was some crazy lady asking them to jump off a cliff at first but with a simple, "I promise you won't get lost, I will be here to help you" they took their first tentative steps into the entrance. A few minutes later I would see their little heads bobbing up and down nearing the exit. As they turned the corner they had a huge smile on their faces asking to go again! I was quickly reminded of the scripture that was read in church last weekend:

"And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, “Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:2-4

Oh to have such child-like faith!!

We are meeting-up with the birthparents again tomorrow afternoon. This time we get to meet their two daughters as well. I am a big ball of nerves but excited too! Please pray for all of us as we continue on this journey together.



No comments:

Post a Comment