Thursday, October 4, 2012

Weekend update!

This week has really gotten away from me. I wanted to post earlier in the week about our awesome weekend but have had so much to catch up on here at home after getting home from work that by the time I sit down to blog I fall asleep on the couch lol! I even tried to stay awake for the debate last night but only made it to a few banters back and forth regarding healthcare before passing out!

We got together again with the birthparents this past weekend and also met their children. What sweet and fun girls they have! We took several pictures as they were okay with it and even encouraged us to share them. While I would love to post them I still feel I need not cross that line and respect their privacy at this time by only sharing with family and friends in person. We had such a great time getting to know each other. It is amazing to me how natural this feels despite how nervous I always seem to be before a meeting. We enjoyed some of the nice weather last weekend by spending some time outside at a park and then having dinner at Chuck-E-Cheese. It was a great day overall. I can't say enough about the birthparents. They are amazing individuals for sure and wise beyond their years. I can't help but feel so blessed by God for this opportunity.

Only 3 more months until the baby is here! I am so excited but anxious about how the time in the hospital will unfold. I am sure the birthparents feel similiar and just hope that all of our time spent getting to know eachother will help us all along that particular leg of this journey.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment