Friday, October 26, 2012

On my own

Yesterday and today I traveled to Ann Arbor, MI for a CEU course called the PLAY project (http://www.playproject.org/). I am LOVING it and learning so much. I would really like to get completely trained to be a home consultant someday. The energy the doctor has who developed this program is amazing. The research is out there that it works and it gives me hope that all children with Autism can improve their social skills and participate in our world someday.

I have had a great time getting to spend some alone time in the car, learn something new and sit in a cute little cafe drinking a cafe mocha while I wait for the second day of my class to begin. However, I miss my husband. I didn't realize how much time we truly have been spending together lately until this morning when I missed his voice. Since the beginning of our infertility journey we have traveled to countless appointments together and since April we have been fully consumed in the adoption process. Throughout all of this I don't think I can remember a time I really was without him. I am so grateful to God this morning for blessing me with such a strong and loving husband. Infertility and adoption are not for the faint of heart. It tests the strongest of marriages. Our trial is not over and probably never will be but God has shown me what the power of prayer can do. He has given me everything I need and one of the most faithful shoulders to lean on that this earth can provide. I love you Aaron! Thank you for your patience and being willing to stick through this journey of life with me.

"My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials; knowing this that the trying of your faith works patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, lacking in nothing." James 1: 2-4

1 comment:

  1. This. Is. Beautiful. What a great witness of marriage. Thanks. :) And thanks for the verse at the end--that one has special meaning for me and I really needed to hear it today!!

    ReplyDelete