Wednesday, October 17, 2012

No Regrets!

I just experienced one of the most powerful and moving testimonies of faith tonight. Aaron and I attended a parish gathering again tonight and were blessed to hear this amazing man speak. Robert Rogers is a name I had never heard of until tonight but his life and his faith were changed in such a profound way 9 years ago that you MUST listen to and read about his story. He lives by the motto "know God, no regrets". I don't think 2 years ago I could say I knew God and had no regrets but today I believe I am living my life in such a way and am so grateful to our Lord above. I even say so in the first paragraph of my last blog post. God is funny that way. I feel at such a loss for words this evening and feel so blessed to have been a part of this experience tonight.

I have been wanting to write a new post the last few nights but have been going to bed early so this will have to do for now. I had a wonderful conversation with our birthmother last week. She had another baby appointment. All is well despite having to be poked multiple times to have blood work completed (poor girl!). We are visiting with more of their family and meeting her mom and grandma. I am ecstatic. She talks about her "Gram" all of the time. We are planning to have a cookout with lots of yummy food and carve pumpkins. A messy but fun idea and a chance to show off our creative sides!

We have also been busily making list after list of baby names recently and finally have it narrowed down to a select few. The birthfather asked us how our list was coming along so we sent them what we had so far, noting our particular favorite. He LOVED it. God's hand is, and has truly been, at work throughout this journey. I couldn't have come up with a better plan myself!

1 comment: