Monday, October 22, 2012

Quick update

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We made the most of our two days off by bouncing between our house, my parents house and visiting the expectant/birth parents (because I am tired of writing that I will be referring to them as D & S) at their house. Yes, it was another whirlwind of a weekend but worth it!

My sister, Laura, traveled with us to see D and S, meet their daughters and D's mom and grandma. It was such a beautiful day. D went above and beyond for the cookout! I made this amazing dessert. We ate great food, carved pumpkins, watched football, chatted, and played outside. It is still so amazing to me how comfortable I feel with them and their family as I get to know them. D's belly continues to grow each time we see her. She is such a great mother and S is such a great father to their girls. We continue to hope and pray for this adoption to go smoothly, for our relationship with D and S to continue to grow, for a healthy baby girl to be born in a few months, and for God's guiding hand throughout it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment