Monday, July 15, 2013

Wordless!

I've been finding myself at a loss for words lately. I want to write and would love to write more often but my thoughts are foggy. I have been facing this same issue with prayer as well. I know I should pray, I want to pray, but only a few words come to mind or none at all. Why? I am chalking it up to the fact that life has been one big whirlwind the last 6 months. A WONDERFUL whirlwind but crazy nonetheless! I have plenty of things to think about, stress about, etc. etc. I don't want to add feeling bad about my lack of "good" prayers too. Then I came across this last Tuesday when I did have time to breathe for a few minutes...

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will (Romans 8: 26-27). "

You mean I can still communicate with the Lord without speaking? I am pretty sure I let out a big deep breath after reading these scripture verses. I felt myself relax a bit and worry less because God had just reassured me that even in my weakness and when I am at my most vulnerable in life his love and concern for me is beyond my understanding. This was such a profound idea to me because if any of you are like me when I am struggling with something in life  I feel like I need to pray immediately so that God knows what I am thinking. However, during those difficult times or crazy times I am often at a loss for words and become frustrated. Thank you Father for your gracious gift of your Holy Spirit!

1 comment: