Sunday, December 9, 2012

Blast From the Past

We had a busy but fun-filled weekend. Saturday afternoon we went to Sauder Village to take part in their Lantern Tours. It was a great and new way to experience the village and learn about what Christmas would have looked like for many of our ancestors. It definitely opened our eyes to the simplicity of the season 100+ years ago and encouraged us to focus more on the true meaning of Christmas.






We have about 5 weeks until the baby is due. D had an appointment last week. She and the baby are doing well and we are really looking forward to seeing everyone again. The closer it gets the less focused I feel on other things around me. Not because this is the only thing I think about but because I have so many thoughts and feelings floating around in my head. We are trying to get a few things prepared that we will need to bring with us to the hospital and while we are staying in a hotel for a few days. I feel like starting now, or at least in a week or so, I will need to have my cell phone glued to me in the event that we get a phone call that D is in labor early. Her next appointment is the 18th and she was told that after that date if she goes into labor they will not be stopping it so anything could happen at that point. Please continue to pray for a the health of D and the baby, and a smooth adoption as the arrival of this baby girl gets closer and closer with each passing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment