Wednesday, July 4, 2012

HOPE!

I don't think I have ever been so thankful for A/C! The temperatures this week in Ohio have been so stifling hot you can hardly breathe when you walk outside. Most people who did not have power from last week's storm are now comfortable again. Alleluia!

Oh and by the way Happy 4th of July! I hope everyone enjoyed the fireworks, cookouts and family time despite the heat. We spent last night and part of today at Sauder Village with some family. It was a hot one but a lots of fun. I will post pictures at a later time if I remember!

We got home from our quick overnight trip around 3:30pm today and have been couch potatoes since. I have been reading some of my book "Hannah's Hope" that I posted about several weeks ago. It is really good! I wish I had known about this book almost immediately following our miscarriage, or at least once we started pursuing infertility treatments. I think I can speak for most women going through loss and/or infertility when I say that I feel an immediate bond with Hannah. I think if we were alive in the same time period we would be great friends. This book is wonderful not only for those experiencing infertility and loss on a very intimate level but is very educational for family and friends who want to learn how to help their loved ones through such a difficult and emotional journey. I am pretty sure if I could afford it I would buy a copy for all of my close friends and family members!

I find Hannah and her husband, Elkanah's, relationship interesting and inspiring. I am also thankful that I live in the world I do today and it is not the norm to have more than one wife. While Hannah was always #1 in Elkanah's heart he did take another wife and had several children with her. This was devastating to Hannah but come to find out also devastating to Elkanah. He loved Hannah so much and wanted nothing more than to be able to give her children. I won't go into any further detail about Hannah's life today but encourage all of you to read her story in 1 Samuel. I find comfort and a source of strength in her story. I believe I was meant to read this book and become closer to her for no other reason but to remind me that God does hear my prayers and knows the longings in my heart despite what I may think some days.

Also while relaxing this afternoon I came across two songs written especially for those going through infertility. The words and emotions expressed in the lyrics perfectly describe the anguish that infertility can bring to someone's life. I hope these can be comforting to you if you are experiencing the same and/or give you a deeper understanding of how your loved one is feeling.

"When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other." Ecclesiastes 7:14

No comments:

Post a Comment