Thursday, July 26, 2012

Just Living the Dream!

I have lots of updates and things to say today so bear with me! For the ease of reading my scattered thoughts I will number my entries.

1) We have been very busy this past weekend and throughout the week but it has all been worth it. Last weekend we painted the nursery. We still have decorating to do, window treatments and other odds and ends but that can all be done in time. The painting was the big project and what we were hoping to have done before having a baby in our house. I am going to be putting more of my artistic ability to use to create some paintings for the nursery in the coming weeks. We will see how it goes! I don't know if we really have a theme or not but the plan is to incorporate the "You Are My Sunshine" verse and more owls into the paintings to tie everything together. Overall, we wanted the room to feel comfy and cozy. I think we have succeeded so far! Here is a sneak peek:







2) We have also started the "Insanity" workout program together. There is a method to the madness in this program but we aren't following it perfectly. The purpose of starting this program was to get moving and be able to do something together. It has been so hot outside we haven't felt like going for our regular walks and bike rides so we felt we needed to find something to keep active indoors. It is tough but the nice thing about it is you can do it at your pace. It is motivating, fun and exhausting all in one!

3) The other activity that has been keeping us busy is canning. I am a rookie at this and have never tried it until this year. We have cucumbers growing out our ears so I have canned several jars of dill pickles (Aaron's favorite!). I have also made some salsa with our tomatoes and bought several pints of raspberries on sale last week which made A LOT of jam! It is delicious! I was very intimidated to try canning but it truly is very easy. It can be time consuming but soooooo worth it.

4) Those of you that prayed the St. Anne Novena along with me I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I have never prayed a Novena before (at least not that I remember). It was nice getting the reminders. It was often the first thing that popped up on my phone in the morning so it was nice starting the day out with prayer!

5) Recently I have been reading a great deal about dreams. In particular, my dreams and reflecting on how God wants me to fulfill them. This week the chapter I was reading was about shattered dreams (very fitting for this time in my life) and I found this paragraph very interesting:

"Many times when we experience what we think is a shattered dream, it is in reality an interrupted dream. Sometimes God takes us to a place of intermission to develop our character, strengthen our faith, and deepen our understanding of who He is or what He has prepared for us to do"

I truly believe this is where I am at in my life right now. I feel like I voice my doubts about His plan in my life a lot and I am trying to work on this daily. After all He does say, "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go" (Isaiah 48:17).

There was one other statement that caught my attention and really made me think. I will end today by leaving you with this profound thought and hope it will make a difference in how you go about your every day life as well.

"When we believe that nothing significant can happen through us, we are saying more about what we think about God than what we think about ourselves" (Sharon Jaynes, The 5 Dreams of Every Woman).

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the theme, colors, everything about the nursery. It is simply adorable and looks very warm!

    ReplyDelete