Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Month of Thanksgiving!

I have been wanting to write a post all week but the evenings have really gotten away from me. Last weekend we had two of our nephews spend the night. It has become a yearly tradition and was started as a way to celebrate Aaron's Godson's birthday rather than only doing a gift of some sort. Building a fort, watching a movie and eating popcorn and pop was by far the highlight of the weekend.



This week has been busy too. I had a meeting one night, got my hair cut another, and then had a work function yet another night so didn't get home until later than usual. I also had to catch up with D this week so one night we spent over an hour talking on the phone about life, adoption and recipes (I love our relationship and pray, pray, pray that it continues to grow!).

Can you believe it is already November 10th? I hope National Adoption Month has been treating all of you well and that you have been spreading the word! Now that the elections are over our Congress have some important matters to tackle. One being the Adoption Tax Credit. If you haven't done so already please think about writing to your senator or state representative about this topic. It is so vitally important to many families and more important to the children. You can find this link on our homepage but just in case you missed it here it is again. It will help you get started writing a letter and gives other ideas on how to advocate for adoption.



Thanksgiving is only two weeks away as well. This means that we really only have about 9 weeks until the baby makes her appearance in this world! We are ready (or as ready as we are going to be lol)! D has been feeling well, measuring right on track, and the heartbeat sounds good too. Please continue to pray for her and S. They have a lot on their plate (D is not only pregnant but works and goes to school full time; they also have two children at home full of lots of energy) and as the due date approaches we only expect emotions to be running high.

This month has also been a great time to reflect on what I have been blessed with and am thankful for. Many of you have been doing this daily via facebook posts which is awesome. Since I am late in making these daily posts I wanted to just take a few minutes to say how thankful I am to all of you who read this blog. I often pour out my heart and thoughts into my posts. When I started this blog I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know who or how many people would really read it or be affected by it. My intention was mostly to keep friends and family up-to-date about our journey but it has turned into something more than that. I have readers from Russia, Canada and South Africa, and many of my posts have recieved well over 150 hits at a time. People who I have not talked to for years have made contact with me to tell me their story or how a certain post made them think, smile and appreciate life. It has opened the hearts and minds to many who do not understand adoption and especially open adoption. I hope that this blog can continue to be a place for many to come and read about God's many blessings (no matter how big or small) and how He is always working in your life. Thank you and be the one to give thanks to God for all his blessings!
 
“As he entered a village, ten men, all lepers, met him. They kept their distance but raised their voices, calling out, ‘Jesus, Master, have mercy on us!’ Taking a good look at them, he said, ‘Go, show yourselves to the priests.’ They went, and while still on their way, became clean. One of them, when he realized that he was healed, turned around and came back, shouting his gratitude, glorifying God. He kneeled at Jesus’ feet, so grateful. He couldn’t thank him enough – and he was a Samaritan. Jesus said, ‘Were not ten healed? Where are the nine? Can none be found to come back and give glory to God except this outsider?’ Then he said to him, ‘Get up. On your way. Your faith has healed and saved you’” (Luke 17:12-19, MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment