Monday, November 26, 2012

HOPE & JOY

How was your Thanksgiving? We had a great weekend overall with family, food and football games! As I was eating my turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, and pies I couldn't help but think about what next Thanksgiving might look like with a baby in our lives. I am sure I will be wearing much more of my food next year but can't wait for all those special milestones.

We put all of our Christmas decorations up this weekend. It is really the only time we have considering we already have one Christmas party this coming weekend and are busy every weekend from here on out. I love the way our house looks and feels with it decorated for the holidays. The first Christmas in our house I had bought several decorations, two of which are red, wooden words. One says, "JOY" and the other "HOPE". At the time I bought them only because I thought they would look nice and not so much for the meaning behind the words. Little did I know how much those two words would mean to me a few years later. Since that first Christmas we have always put the "HOPE" decoration on the mantel above our fireplace. Again, I have never really thought much about this until I sat down last night after all was said and done and staring right back at me in big red letters was a simple message..."HOPE". I said a little prayer right then and there thanking God. He is ever present in all things great and small, he knows the number of hairs on my head, the tears I have cried and the fact that I would be sitting on my couch at that very minute yearning to hear his voice. Amen!!


No comments:

Post a Comment