Monday, August 6, 2012

Be still and quiet down

I am learning to "be still" this week. I am always thinking of the next thing to do or how to change things and have decided to spend more time in quiet with God. The daily devotion website (Girlfriends in God) I read challenged its readers to 10 extra minutes a day of "Sabbath" for the next week. Simply put, sit before the Lord and let him know you are there. I plan to read a psalm and reflect on it each morning in addition to a few other prayers. So I challenge you my readers (the few of you out there) to do the same. Reflect on how it changes your life. Before infertility and adoption I know I took my faith for granted. Don't let a trial in your life be what turns you over to God, start now so that you know what to do and whom to turn to when a trial does come your way.

"Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10)

This scripture verse always makes me think of this song. It was one of the first songs I heard on the WBCL (our local Christian radio station) when I started listening to it about 1 year ago. After listening to it I always feel a sense of empowerment and that God is truly working in my life.

I can't forget to show you all what I have been working on. Yet another reason to "be still" this week!
Oh and I almost forgot to share with you what we woke up to Saturday morning! This was amazing to see. Check out the one where it is right over our house. It was early enough and "still" enough at this time in the morning that we could hear the people in the basket having a conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment