Friday, August 17, 2012

We are matched!!!!!!!!!

I still feel at a loss for words about this! We had a great conversation with the expectant parents last night and they informed us that they chose us to parent their baby. The baby is due January 14th. This will be an open adoption and it is the plan that we attend all ultrasounds prior to the birth. We get to go to the next one at the end of this month to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl! We feel so blessed to get to experience this with such an amazing couple! God is good! Thank you all so much for all of your prayers. We ask that you continue to keep us, the baby and the expectant parents in your prayers for a smooth process and healthy baby in 2013. I don't think it will really sink in that we are going to be parents until the baby is in our arms and welcomed into our home. I have heard many adoptive parents refer to a child "growing in their heart" (not in their tummy) during the process and I can now attest to that being the truth. We already feel so much love for this child that will only continue to grow for years to come.

A few interesting tidbits regarding this adoption that have come up as we have had time to ponder this situation:
1) The birthmom would have concieved on or near the date that we found out that our last fertility treatment failed.
2) The first ultrasound we will attend falls on the anniversary of our miscarriage in 2010. This will indeed be a bittersweet day!

It is so amazing how things work out sometimes and are clearly part of a bigger plan that I could not even being to imagine!

"Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them." Psalm 139:16

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! We are so very happy for you! You and your new baby will be in our prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nearly at a loss for words, myself! Your faith and patience is humbling to me, and we all share your excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Christine and Aaron! I am so happy for you! I will continue to pray for you, your baby and the birth parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray God continues to Bless you and your soon to be larger family. I will be praying for a healthy and happy baby, I know you will be great parents!!!

    ReplyDelete